Monday, October 22, 2007

30 Days of Night

So I figured I would take one for the team and go with my silly friends to see a crappy vampire flick. They thought I didn't like scary movies because they scared me. However, scary movies may make me jump but usually I end up talking and laughing through all of them because they are so ridiculous. Luckily, Colleen didn't give me too much shit and Drew didn't mind my mockery of him and the film.

The one redeeming quality of the movie for me was, of course, Josh Hartnett. He is not that bad of an actor. And he is nice to look at. In the beginning he was clean shaven and looked like a member of a boy band. But then by "day 7" he had the really hot scruff thing going for him. It was wonderful.

What was not wonderful was the stupid blond girl, Stella. First of all "Stella" is not the name of a blond white girl. Second, her hair was way too perfect throughout the entire film. Her one redeeming quality was that she didn't whine and didn't break her ankle. In the end, she still makes a stupid decision. I won't give it away but in the theater it was one of those "oh come on!" moments.

All in all, Drew said it right, "It was pretty good as far as vampire movies go."

I'm sorry but this is just laughable!

3 comments:

Quattro Chris said...

This is one of those films I would go to see, just to laugh through as well. I was that way with Amityville Horror. But Josh Hartnett is just another broken nose looking actor with no talent. Only movie that I liked that he was in, was Lucky # Sleven.

Megan Hamilton said...

See I think he's just nice to look at. And I'm a girl so I liked Pearl Harbor. I hated 40 Days and 40 Nights. There were just way too many boobs.

A.Venegas said...

I've gotta admit, he was pretty good in Black Hawk Down... of course, Tom Seizmore kicked way more butt, and that elf guy from Lord of the Rings got shot, which made it better for me too.